What is a family/ personal protection dog?
A personal or family protection dog is trained to protect both an individual and family, along with their assets from any sort of threat that may occur. They are trained to acknowledge and understand the different types of situations that may occur and during these times, stay loyal and protect their owner.
The benefits of protection dogs
Many people chose to invest into a protection dog for many different reasons. However, some of the benefits include:
- Protection dogs undergo training to make the owners alert of any threats – they may do this by barking.
- They are trained to disable any threats and hold them in a position until police arrive if you decided to call the police, but this will differ from each situation and scenario.
- As well as being there to offer protection, they are also a loving pet.
- Protection dogs can assist you almost everywhere you go, so you do not have to be without your dog and protection.
- They make homes and business premises feel more safe and secure due to the added protection.
Types of personal protection dogs
Depending on the supplier you are buying your dog from, there can be different types of personal protection dogs. This will include the skillset the dog is capable of. Your needs and requirements will be made note of and this will be matched to the level of protection the compatible dogs will have.
Many breeds of dogs can be suitable for protection dog work. These include:
- German Shepherds
- Giant Schnauzers